The management of Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka (UNIZIK) has published new changes regarding requirements for the postgraduate programme of the university.
CONCESSION ON POSTGRADUATE ADMISSION REQUIREMENT EFFECTIVE 2020/2021 SESSION
On concession on admission requirements for postgraduate candidates who met the prevailing O’level qualifications at the time of their admission into the first degree programme need not be subjected to new O’level requirements that may have changed since their graduation. The curriculum committee recommended as follows:
- PhD candidates to be admitted on the basis of existing entry requirements at the time of admission into their first-degree programme.
- Masters candidates who obtained their first degrees ten years or beyond to be admitted on the basis of the entry requirements as at the time of their first degrees.
- PGD candidates should be admitted on the basis of the extant entry requirements for the respective programmes.
Read Also : Landlords And Tenants’ Rights In Nigeria
REVIEW OF ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR POSTGRADUATE CANDIDATES, EFFECTIVE 2020/2021 SESSION
- Postgraduate applicants for PGD shall be admitted based on the extant requirements;
- Review of FCGPA requirement for admission into the master programme from 3.00 to 2.50 for Bachelor’s degree holders;
- Review of FCGPA requirement for admission into the master programme from 3.50 to 3.00 for PGD;
- Review of Admission requirement for admission into the PGD from Upper Credit to lower credit for applicants from Polytechnics.